3 Things I Am Most Thankful For

Friday, November 27, 2009

I count myself one of the lucky few in that I get paid to do what I love - worship and music. I don't have to wait until I clock out at the end of the day or wait until my day off to pursue my passion in life. I am truly blessed. But I am blessed on a deeper level because I also get to share that with others on a daily basis. God has blessed me with an incredible team of people that keep coming back week after week to share that passion for worship and music with me as the Praise Team at Trinity Church. As I spoke with a young man after our worship service last week he commented that he senses the presence of God in our music and that he can tell we have a connection with God. That is what he wants in his life and he has been given hope that he can have that because he has seen it with his own eyes. In 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 Paul says, "We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." Paul was bragging about some exceptional people in an open letter for all to see. There were three qualities that made them stand out in the crowd that I see that in my team so I felt prompted to brag on them too. There are three things that I am thankful for about the members of my praise team.

#1 - Your work produced by faith. The first thing I noticed about you was the obvious fact that your worship is about only one thing - Him. You have never made it about yourself or anyone else. In my 25 years of being a Music Pastor I have seen too many worship ministries that are about everything BUT Him. You live out in the flesh the truth of God's grace by faith alone and nothing else. That impresses me.

#2 - Your labor prompted by love. I am amazed by your genuine love, not for the stage, but for God, worship and each other. Since I first stepped foot on the campus of Trinity Church I have felt a genuine love and acceptance of me and my family and you have all made us feel as though we have been part of your family for decades. I think that is what captured the attention of that young man I spoke about. He has suffered massive rejection in the past by other churches and he senses that there is something different about us. I think he's on to something.

#3 - Your endurance inspired by hope. Your faithful endurance which makes you keep coming back for more says so much about you. You are some of the most talented people I have had the privilege to work with but what is so wonderful about you is your understanding that perfection is not the goal, authenticity is! Not very many people in the church today understand this. I am amazed by your desire to get it right and give it your absolute best, but I am more amazed by your hope that no matter how perfect we get it, if He's not in it, it's a waste of time. Thank you for that.

So, as I try to recover from an over-abundance of eating yesterday, I wanted y'all to know how truly thankful I am to be a part of the Praise Team at Trinity Church. I cherish the gift that you are to me and also the friendship that comes with it. I hope you are blessed beyond all measure this holiday season.

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.