Get A Little Closer

Monday, April 26, 2010

I imagine that every one of us at times wish we could feel a little closer to God. I know that God is always ever-present with us, but sometimes I just want to feel closer. I'm sure there are times when God feels less than close. Psalm 100:4-5 gives a sure fire way to bring ourselves right up close to God.

Instead of reading it like this: As you enter his courts and gates, enter with praise and thanksgiving, read it like this: When you offer praise and thanksgiving you are ushered into his presence. I think this is a more accurate read. This is a promise that when I do this--give God praise and thanksgiving--the result will always be that I am ushered into His very presence.

If you want to get a little closer to Him today, just start offering Him praise and thanksgiving and you will be supernaturally transported to the realm of His presence.

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.