Bad Hymn Titles

Thursday, September 1, 2011


These are actual Hymn titles listed in actual hymnals. There are just as many, if not more, current worship songs that are poorly written but this just goes to show that we have a long history of some pretty bad church songs. It's good to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

A Charge To Keep I Have - this was Yoda's favorite Hymn.

Almost Persuaded - you almost had me there!

I Do, Don’t You? - Um, I don't know, what exactly have you been doing?

My Lord, What A Morning - some Sunday mornings are just like that!

Over My Head - this one goes down in my book as the worst song ever written. The song goes: "Over my head, over my head, over my head I see troubles in the air. There must be a God somewhere." I don't know how this ever made it into a hymnal.

Standing Somewhere In The Shadows - this gets the "Creepiest Hymn Title" award. For effect, sing with a black trench coat drawn across your face followed by an ominous laugh with organ music in the background.

Supper Time - this just doesn't work on a Sunday morning and it just makes everyone hungry

You May Have The Joy Bells - just don't play with them during Pastor's sermon

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.