Take A Walk

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you." Joshua 1:3 (NLT)

take a walk
Several years ago, as I was leading my worship team in prayer before the start of a Sunday morning service, I prayed like I did many times. My prayer went something like this: "Lord, anoint our worship today as we lead your people into Your presence." But on that particular day the Lord interrupted me and spoke something very clearly to my heart. He said, "Stop asking me that. You spend all week putting a worship service together. You practice with your team and then you ask me to anoint it. Instead, before you begin to put the service together, before you practice, ask me what I already have planned and I will reveal my plan to you. As you do my will you will never have to ask for my anointing because it will already be there." That revolutionized my entire way of thinking, not only as a worship leader, but as a follower of Jesus. The Lord wasn't telling me to never ask for the anointing because we should seek it, ask for it and pursue it. What He was telling was that I was looking for it in the wrong place. To put it in simple terms, He was saying, "Before you take a step, let me direct you and you will never have to question whether you are in my will."

As Joshua is preparing to lead the nation of Israel across the Jordan River into the Promised Land, God is telling him the same thing. He wanted Joshua to know that as long as you are walking in the place I have led you to, you can be assured that everywhere you step will be right in the middle of my plan. They are about to walk out of 40 years of moving towards God's plan. Now they are about to step into it. They spent all those years walking in the wilderness following God's leading from a distance as He led them with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. Now they will be walking side by side with God. This is a whole new dimension. There would be no more guessing if they were in the right place or going the right direction.

God has designed our walk with Him to be just like that. The challenge is to always position ourselves to be walking in the place God is already inhabiting for us. If we stay close to Him, seek His face and listen to His voice, we will know where He is moving and there won't be any question as to where we should be walking. We need to break ourselves of the bad habit of going about our daily life and asking God to somehow show up where we are and bless what we are doing. Instead, we must find out where He has already shown up and walk there. If we do that, isn't it safe to assume that His blessing and anointing will naturally follow us? The answer is a big YES! If you do that, then every step you take will be on territory He has already given you.

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.