How To Find Rest For Your Soul

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

just relax
Return unto your rest, O my soul; for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For you have delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. Psalm 116:7-8 (KJV)

Rest is not something that comes to us. We must come to it. Notice that it says, “Return to your rest, O my soul.” Unrest comes when we move away from it. It never leaves us. It is always available, but we have to move towards it. If you want it, you must take it. It doesn't take hold of you, you must take hold of it.

What moves us away from rest? Forgetting how the Lord sees us in His eyes. The enemy constantly tries to convince us that we do not have the Lord's favor and that He has treated us wrong or unfairly. When we start to believe this we are turning away from rest and turning towards unrest. We cannot judge how God sees us by our current surroundings or circumstances. We also cannot trust our feelings or emotions to tell us the truth. Feelings and emotions often lie. This is the truth: The Lord has dealt bountifully with me! How do I know that? Because He delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. (v. 8)

So be at peace! You can return to your rest because you can be assured that the Lord has dealt and will deal bountifully with you. You can count on it! Put it in the bank.

I said to myself, “Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. Soul, you've been rescued from death. Eye, you've been rescued from tears; And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling." (The Message)

Get free updates from The Good Life in your inbox. Subscribe today!

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.