Top 10 Most Read Posts in October

Friday, November 1, 2013

In case you missed them, here are the Top 10 most read posts here at The Good Life. I hope you enjoy reading these and if you do, please pass any of them on to a friend who might need some encouragement.

7 Benefits Found in the Shadow of the Almighty
Twenty seven years ago I asked my wife to marry me. We had been very close friends for several months and spent a lot of time together before we decided to start dating. Before we were married I always hated having to say goodnight and we had to go back to our respective apartments with eager anticipation for the next day when we could be together once again. You know when she or he is the right one when you can't imagine living life apart. Now, after 27 years of marriage, I still can't sleep when we are away from each other even if it is just for one night. read more...

Are You Forgetting Something?
As I was reading Psalm 103 the other day I was struck by the phrase in verse 2 that says,"...and forget not all his benefits." I like how the New Living Translation says, "...may I never forget the good things he does for me." Remembering God's acts of kindness to us is a critical part of worship. We don't forget, we just fail to allow the reality of what he has done shape how we understand and feel about life. read more...

The Restoring Power of Worship
We live in a day where we are connected to the Internet 24/7. This is both a blessing and a curse. The Internet has revolutionized my way of doing ministry because there are resources at my immediate disposal at anytime without me having to leave my office. I also have instant access to a greater number of people at all times. That's the blessing. Most people don't realize, however, that as we surf the net there is always a residue that gets downloaded on our hard drives. read more...

How You Think Determines Your Outlook
Is it just me, or does it seem to you that Americans in general are in a bad mood these days? Whether you listen to talk radio, watch the evening news, or read the newspaper, all you will find is a litany of complaints about the political left and right, the shutdown of the government, and lately, Obamacare--the list goes on. I can’t remember the last time I heard anything positive on the airwaves or read anything uplifting in the paper. more...

Living As Aliens in This World
Peter uses a phrase in this verse that holds the key to completely changing the way we live. I will point out that walking in the world is not easy. It is wrought with spiritual minefields, roadblocks and barriers that are designed to knock us off course and worse, destroy us, but Peter gives us a sure-fire way to defeat anything that stands in our way. In that verse he uses the phrase temporary residents and foreigners. Other translations use the word aliensread more...

Are You Crucified With Christ, Or Are You Simply Living On Death Row?
Paul demonstrates through his own life a model that we are to follow and emulate as followers of Christ. That model is living the crucified life. In Galatians 2:20 he says, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." To be followers of Christ requires more than merely believing in him and accepting by faith his sacrifice on the cross for our sins. It requires that we do for him what he did for us--lay our lives down for him. read more...

The Key to Real, Lasting Change
What was the key to Peter's radical transformation? What caused him to become a completely different man overnight? I believe it had to do with Jesus' last words to him. According to John 21:19, Jesus tells Peter, "Follow me!" This wasn't the first time Jesus said this to Peter, but this time was different. Did you notice the exclamation point? John did not include that for literary effect. He was trying to capture the power of those last words spoken to Peter. We read in Matthew 4:19 that Jesus invited Peter to "come, follow me." No exclamation point there. That was an invitation. This time Jesus said, "Follow me!" This was an admonition that changed Peter forever. read more...

Facebook Christianity
Let me start off by saying that I am a big advocate for Facebook and all things "Social Networking". I use them everyday and I have connected with people I would never have had the chance to connect with otherwise. My blog is now being read in 131 different countries by people from all walks of life, socio-economic backgrounds, and religions from Christian to Agnostic, Hindu to Muslim, and everything in between. Facebook brings out the good things about our modern day culture that are sometimes unseen. But, it also brings out what is not so good about our culture. read more...

Are You Addicted to God's Love Or His Judgment?
Not long ago I was leading worship and as we were singing the song, "Friend of God", I realized that a large number of people in our churches have a hard time singing that song. I think there is a vast array of reasons, but for the most part, it is due to our distorted theology of God. I have noticed that these same people seem to worship with gusto when we sing songs like "Holy, Holy, Holy," but when we sing songs like "I Am a Friend of God" or "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" there seems to be a disconnect. read more...

How to Find Rest For Your Soul
Rest is not something that comes to us. We must come to it. Notice that it says, “Return to your rest, O my soul.” Unrest comes when we move away from it. It never leaves us. It is always available, but we have to move towards it. If you want it, you must take it. It doesn't take hold of you, you must take hold of it. read more...

Get free updates from The Good Life in your inbox. Subscribe today!

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.