Top 5 Most Read Posts For March

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

top 5
In case you missed it, here are the top 5 most read posts at The Good Life for the month of March.

#5 - Have We Become a Hand-Me-Down Generation of Christians?

When I was a boy, my grandmother would take the long Greyhound bus trip from the San Francisco Bay area to the little mountain town of Quincy up in the Sierra Nevada mountains to visit us. She was a pistol of a lady, was smart, deeply loved God and wasn't afraid to tell it like she saw it. I remember listening to her talk about the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the early 1900's. She was a first-hand witness of a great revival that birthed the greatest missionary movement in our history. read more

#4 - 5 Biblical Principles For Fasting

Today begins Lent with Ash Wednesday when Christians begin a season of fasting in preparation for Easter. In doing a little research into the subject of fasting I discovered that the New Testament only mentions fasting 18 times. The reality is that the New Testament devotes very little attention to this subject. I have observed over the years that fasting has become a popular topic among religious circles and at times has become a popular fad in the modern Church. read more

#3 - How to Transform Your Workplace

Work as a representative of God. This sounds simple, yet how many of us actually go to work with this mindset every day? What would happen if every morning before we went to work we prayed and asked the Lord to help us represent him well? To be honest, I would be a better steward of my time, whether I had to punch a clock or not. I would not take an extra 15 minutes for lunch, or an extra 5 minutes on my coffee break. I would take greater care in how I treat my coworkers. I would treat my boss with greater respect. read more

#2 - 3 Steps to Walking in Holiness

Though I cannot make myself holy, I certainly can sabotage my character if I am careless with my behavior. We have to be intentional in the way we live so that our actions live up to our identity. This is not an easy task and Satan is at work 24/7 doing everything he can think of to destroy our character. However, there is good news. read more

#1 - Making Sense of Lent

The world needs to see that the faith we profess has power every day of the year, not just during Lent. They are looking for something to make sense of life everyday. They want to know that it is not only real, but that it is eternal. Let's make Lent something that testifies publicly of a way of life that is lived privately. That's the way Jesus lived and it changed the world. read more
Get free updates from The Good Life in your inbox. Subscribe today!

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2017. The Good Life.